Wednesday, July 11, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 7/11

Now you know that Miss MoneyPenny doesn't believe everything on the news, but this time I'm pretty sure that they are correct.  It seems that they are telling us that the price of food is going to go up due to the strange weather that has been happening every place but here (God's country.)  No matter what happens, including the Queen's birthday, the price of food goes up but never comes down, so it is mandatory that we try to be the best super shoppers possible to stretch our food dollars.  I'm here to help.

QFC is running their Buy 10, Save $5 promotion this week but I could care less because I'm not seeing any "real" food in this deal.  There may be more items at the store but I'm gonna pass this one up.  There are some deals this week and this is what I'm looking at:

Kroger Greek Yogurt - 5/$4/6oz
QFC Butter - $2/lb (stock up price, freezes well)
QFC Cottage Cheese - $2/ 24oz
Nature Made Vitamins - BOGO
Fresh Alaska Sockeye Fillets - $9.99/lb
Draper Valley Whole Chickens - $ .99/lb
Fresh Northwest Cooked Shrimp - $4.99/lb
Cantaloupe $2.50/ea
Colored Bell Peppers - $1/ea
Nature Sweet Cherry Tomatoes - $3/10.5oz
Organic Blueberries - $3/pint
Rainier Cherries - $2.98/lb (season won't last too much longer)
Walla Walla Sweet Onions - $1/lb

$30 Macy's Gift Card Reminder:

You guys need to leave comments so you can be in the drawing for the $30 Macy's gift card to celebrate the one year anniversary of Miss MoneyPenny.  I know that you are there because 43 of you had looked at my blog by 9 AM this morning, so get with it.  Otherwise, some guy named Jeff will end up with it.  If you don't want your name out there, comment as "anonymous" and give me a hint who you are, such as:  "my mom used to work with you" or "I'm your therapist and Miss MoneyPenny, you need one" or your initials, etc.  You have until July 31st.  Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment