Thursday, January 26, 2012

R.I.P. Free Shipping

Miss MoneyPenny is in bad need of new bras and has been putting off buying them, hoping for a screaming deal.  Well my old friend OneHanesPlace.com where I've ordered my bras for years is having a great sale on Bali, my favorite brand.

This seems like a wonderful thing.  Right?  Incorrect!!  For the last ten years, you order over $65 (I think that is the right amount) and you get free shipping.  I've even put orders together with Miss KnowItAll to get the free shipping.  Those good old days just might be over.

Earlier this year I read somewhere that free shipping is going to be harder to find in our new economy.  What!!  Free shipping is an important part of my strategic shopping.  I've been checking around and shipping charges run insanely high...like $13.99 to $15.99 easy.  And some places charge you more shipping the more you buy!!  What genius thought that one up?

Since I'm going to be saving $19 each on five bras, I'll pay the $14.99 shipping, but I don't like it.

I called their customer service and politely asked where the "free shipping" button was and they told me that it is a thing of the past.  Fine.  But just in case, I'm holding off on the order until Saturday as Macy's is having a sale and Miss KnowItAll and I are hitting it.  Maybe they can beat OneHanesPlace's price.  Plus, my Christmas gift certificates are burning a whole in my pocket.

Correction update:

According to an alert reader (the guy from Seattle used to be an English teacher) the oranges were a little overpriced when I posted the last grocery basket.  The correct price is $4.99 for an 8 pound bag, not $44.99 which would probably be some darned good oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment