Saturday, April 26, 2014
Miss MoneyPenny's Top Ten Rules For Living Happily Ever After
I belong to a group of friends who believe that a good way to force us to get off our bums and clean out the house is to throw a party. This is what Miss KnowItAll calls panic cleaning. As you can see from the above invitation Miss Jenny is throwing a Porch Party because their new porch is finally finished. What a good reason to have a party!! I'm really looking forward to it.
After the disaster that was my hip surgery I went into a funk. When I finally came out on the other side it was because of a couple of visits to my friendly counselor and her efforts to get me back on track. She encouraged me to remember what was important to me and what made me happy so here is my list. You can take it with a grain of salt but if you are feeling stuck, maybe you need to make a list that reflects you.
1. Keep a budget and track every penny if you want to accomplish your goals. This is an ongoing process
as life happens.
2. Grow a savings.
3. Buy as much as you can from Costco for good quality and value for your money.
4. Drive your car for at least 10 years (Suze Orman) and take excellent care of it.
5. Eat "real" food.
6. Get outside and move around, for crying out loud.
7. Keep a garden of flowers, veggies, berries, and herbs.
8. Keep learning. Study what interests you. Read widely.
9. Indulge your hobbies.
10. Avoid men with addictions whether it be alcohol, drugs, gambling, even smoking, etc. unless you enjoy
playing second fiddle in your relationships.
As I was looking at my group of friends the other day at lunch I got all misty thinking that I've known these ladies for almost 30 years and here we are still meeting up regularly. The only difference from those bygone days is that instead of talking about our men and children we were talking about our gardens. My how things change once we learn that number 10 should really be number 1.