Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grocery Basket 11/30

Miss MoneyPenny has really been falling down on the job lately since that guy from Seattle has been occupying her attention.  It is difficult to have a job, a man, and a life all at once and give each one your best attention.  I have no idea how the moms out there do it, plus kids, and with such grace. 

Before I forget, I wanted to let you know about the "troubles" I've been having with Ebates.  We've been going round and round with the emails.  I think that I finally understand what the deal is.  I bought a $90 pair of UGGs during the daily double of 10%, but they did not credit my account.  According to Ebates they are waiting for UGGs to okay it and won't pay until they do.  I asked them to file a claim, which they say they did. 

As far as PetCareRx, I bought $147 of flea stuff at a 10% daily double.  I used a coupon for $10 off and free shipping, which I always do and get the credit in my Ebate account also.  I call this savvy shopping.  They call it "not so fast."  I'm now told that PetCareRx has been honoring both my coupon and the Ebates credit as a "courtesy" but not any more.

This is the deal:  Ebates gets their money from the business and they pass some of it on to us.  That is how they make their money.  The business gets our business and they make money, but they are starting to drag their feet...probably for all kinds of reasons, one being that they are sick of savvy shoppers getting a deal.  Calm down, MoneyPenny.  Anyway, check your Ebates account, making  sure that your deals are being credited.  If they aren't - make a claim.  Of course you keep your emailed confirmations in a little file titled "Ebates."  Thank Miss SmartyPants for that little tip.

Here are the QFC deals that I'm looking at this week:

Satsumas 3.99/5 lbs
Fuji/Galas $1/lb
Kroger Cheese 2.99/lb
Darigold butter 2/$5
Starbucks coffee 6.99/lb
Fresh rockfish fillets 5.99/lb
QFC cottage cheese 1.99/24 oz
Fage Greek yogurt $1/ea

I checked and there are no coupons for any of these items.  There also aren't any great deals on veggies this week.  The guy from Seattle prefers organic, so we will head over to Chimacum Corners for their beautiful, locally grown vegetables.  We are not talking tomatoes or summer squash here, but carrots, greens and potatoes which are what is being grown at this time of year.  Our local growers are doing a bang up job and we want to support them because I'm sure not going to muck around out in the cold digging up spuds and parsnips.

No comments:

Post a Comment