Wednesday, September 3, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 9/3


There are grandmas and then there are "real" grandmas and I happen to be lucky enough to have two in my family.  My sister, Miss SmartyPants, took over the raising of her three grandchildren about four years ago and I am totally in awe of her.  These kids don't sit in front of the TV all day.  They are busy with soccer, basketball, baseball, dance, art class, swimming, hiking...and on and on.  My sister spends many Saturdays watching several games with different kids.  I don't know how she does it with running a business and the thought of getting three kids ready for school boggles my mind.

The shot above is Miss PeggyRae, my daughter-in-law, and her granddaughter, Miss AsylnGrace.  Momma works at Costco so most Saturdays you will find this little sweetie with her grandma.  This little girl loves her grandma who obviously will do anything to make her happy.  I was supposed to meet them this last Saturday but was not feeling well and I'm mad as heck that I missed the elephant ride.

Okay - let's talk groceries.  The new crop of apples are starting to show up in the stores which means that you better grab the peaches and nectarines while you can get them because they aren't going to be available much longer.  I had my first apple since the strawberries came on in early summer.  In my quest to eat locally (as from my backyard) I've just been eating berries and not buying apples or bananas.  I've been lucky enough to have strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries but they are all slowing down.

Also - the fresh King salmon is on sale for $12.99 per pound which is about as cheap as I've seen King this season...and it won't be around that much longer either.  And QFC is running a Buy 5/Save $5 promo so if you need some non-fresh items go through your digital and paper coupons for a bargain.

Here are the highlights for this week:

Franz Bread - $1.99/loaf
Seattle's Best Coffee - $4.99/12oz
Chicken of the Sea Tuna - $1/can
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/7oz
Kroger Sour Cream - $1/16oz
Boneless Pork Loin Chops - BOGO
Fresh Wild-Caught King Salmon Fillets - $12.99/lb
NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $5.99/lb
Flank Steak - $7.99/lb
Bartlett or Red Pears - $1.49/lb
Broccoli Crowns or Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Greens - $1.50/bunch
Honeycrisp Apples - $2.49/lb
Yellow Peaches or Nectarines - $1.99/lb

Reminder:

Time to start thinking about getting the flu shot.  After years of not getting the shot, I decided at 60 that I might not survive the flu like the last time I had it.  And besides - who wants to waste time being sick??  Knock on wood but I have not had the flu or even a cold in five years so something is working.  The vaccines are easy to come by.  I have a doctor's appointment for something else this afternoon so I'm gonna ask if they will shoot me up while I'm there but you can easily get one at your pharmacy or even Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment