Wednesday, November 6, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 11/6



I was talking to an old friend of mine the other day who is getting ready for retirement at the end of the year.  I told her that one of the really cool things about being retired is that you actually have time to stop and smell the roses.  When you have a job your whole life revolves around it and you are always in a big rush to get things done so you can get to work.  But now that things have slowed down I notice the "little" things around me, such as the sun shining through the leaves of this plant...and that the ficus needs a serious going over.

Okay - let's get to the add because there is a lot to cover.  QFC is running the Buy 10, Save $5 promo on a lot of items for holiday meals and baking.  There aren't any real good deals on proteins this week but we have all stocked up when there was, haven't we?? so we can shop our freezers.

Here are my suggestions:

Starbucks Coffee - $6.99/12oz
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/7oz
Kroger Cottage Cheese - $1.25/16oz
Simple Truth Cage Free Eggs - $2.50/doz
Kroger Frozen Vegetables - $1/12oz
Fresh Dover Sole - $5.99/lb
Grape Tomatoes - $2.50/10oz
Honeycrisp Apples - $1.78/lb
New Crop California Navels - $ .68/lb
Pomegranates - $2/ea
Zucchini/Yellow Squash - $ .99/lb

Buy 10/Save $5 Promo:

Orowheat Bread - $2.49/loaf
Betty Crocker Cake Mixes - $ .99/ea
C&H Sugar - $1.99/4lb
Carnation Evaporated Milk - $ .89/12oz
QFC Milk - $1.29/64oz
Campbell's Cream Mushroom Soup - $ .69/ea
French's French Fried Onions - $2.49/6oz
Hunt's Tomatoes - $ .79/15oz
Swanson Broth - $ .49/14.5oz
Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce - $ .99/14oz
Challenge Butter - $1.99/lb

I love all cranberry sauce but I REALLY love my sister's and I'm hoping that she will make it this Thanksgiving.  The plan is for her to arrive on Saturday before Thanksgiving to help me out after my hip surgery.  She mentioned that she would cook us up a turkey dinner but if things go as well as I hope with my new hip, we might bundle up and head to my son's house for their big blowout dinner, complete with Miss AslynGrace, my great granddaughter.  Check her out watching "Christmas Vacation" with Grandpa.  We start them out young in our family.



1 comment:

  1. Plan changes.... Coming up Thursday and fixing Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday or Sunday! You might want to pick up a turkey so we can thaw it out and I can get the rest once I get up there. We'll still watch "Christmas Vacation" and also the new tradition "Christmas With The Kranks".

    ReplyDelete