Monday, November 4, 2013

Costco Coupons 10/30 - 11/20/2013


Well, here we go again.  I'm nothing if not an optimist.  I thought that this amaryllis bulb was done for after sitting out on the deck all summer and doing absolutely nothing.  I took the bulb out of its pot and inspected it only to find that it was all soft and squishy, so I just left it laying on a shelf in my mini- greenhouse, intending to throw it into the compost.  Imagine my surprise when I found this when I was cleaning out the greenhouse the other day!!

I rummaged around and found its old pot and filled it with Miracle Gro potting soil, being careful to leave the top third of the bulb above the dirt.  It is now taking a short vacation in the dark and cool recesses of my walk-in closet.  I figure that when I get home from my hip surgery it should be about ready to do its thing.  At that time I will water thoroughly and hit it with a good jolt of Miracle Gro liquid fertilizer and let it sit in the sunniest place in my living room...and hope for the best.  After all, this bulb is four years old, only blooming its second year of life.

Anyway, here is my list of interesting coupons for November:

6 QT CrockPot - $10 (with additional $5 mail in rebate)
FoodSaver 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System - $30
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer - $60
Swanson Chicken Broth - $2.30
Gain Detergent - $4.50
Palmolive - $2
Pine Sol - $2.50
Finish Powerball Tabs - $3.30
Neutrogena Rainbath - $4
Colgate Optic White Toothpaste - $4
Halls Cough Drops - $2.50

The Bradster and I were down at Costco today and I took advantage of the broth, Gain, and Palmolive.  I've been stocking the larder for my hip rehab since I probably won't feel like traipsing the isles of Costco for a while, but I'm pretty sure that the critters will still want to eat and use the cat box.

I checked out the CrockPots and they are pretty fancy looking, so if you need one, or, another one, take a look.  It is even a better deal with the mail in rebate. 

I have two CrockPots and I couldn't keep house without them.  The person that came up with that idea really had some smarts.  Must have been a woman...actually, I just did a quick search.  Irving Naxon dreamed up the idea, which he got from listening to his Jewish grandmother tell of her days back in the shtetl in Lithuania.  He was bought out by the Rival Company in 1970 and the rest is history.



No comments:

Post a Comment