Friday, January 2, 2015

QFC Grocery Basket 1/2



I was walking by one of my heater vents the other day and I noticed this pink stuff.  I took a picture and sent it to my son, the plumber.  He quickly texted back that it wasn't a good thing to have and he would be up soon.  And he was.  And under the house.  It seems that I've got a big effing rat problem and it ain't gonna be fun or cheap to fix.

The first order of business is trapping the varmints.  My son is going on a rat patrol campaign which involves a dozen traps baited with peanut butter and something else.  I shudder when I think of this.  Then the repair happens.  Ka-Ching.

Now I'm worried that one of those creepy rodents is gonna come screaming out of the toilet and bite me on the butt.  According to my son he has never seen such big rats.  I'm so thrilled about all of this.

Anyway, check out the edge of my old dish drainer from God knows when.  I'm thinking 60s, 70s, or maybe 80s with the brown color.  All that whitish stuff is minerals from our hard water that doesn't come off even in the dishwasher.  But check it out - I took advantage of the Kitchenaid dish drainer coupon at Costco the other day and got this little compact beauty:


I hand wash most of my dishes unless I'm cooking up a storm or entertaining.  These are my dishes from breakfast and they fit perfectly.  I don't know about you but I pretty much use the same dishes all the time.  Now that I think of it one of my old boyfriends from the 70s said that a dishwasher was just an expensive place to store dirty dishes.  He might have something there but I would still hate to be without my dishwasher.

Okay - let's look at our short timer ad.  Nothing real exciting but QFC is running their Buy5/Get $5 promo so check it out if there are any packaged items that you need.  I don't know about you but I have really been craving real and fresh food after the holiday feasting.  I don't know why I do it, but I do.  I always eat all the goodies and then feel rotten so there will be lots of fresh produce and fish at the MoneyPenny house from now on.

Here are my suggestions:

Dave's Killer Bread - $3.99/loaf
Seattle's Best Coffee - $4.99/12oz bag
Boneless Pork Top Loin Chops - BOGO
Fresh Dove Sole Fillets - $6.99/lb
Broccoli Crowns - $1.49/lb
Cucumbers or Green Peppers - $ .69/ea
Eggplant - $1.50/ea
Gala, Fuji, or Braeburn Apples - $ .99/lb
Grape Tomatoes - $2/10oz pack
Large Navel Oranges - $ .69/lb


When a patch of warm sunshine is involved even mortal enemies can get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment