Wednesday, January 14, 2015

QFC Grocery Basket 1/14



I don't know how the people across from us at the Mexican restaurant feel about being on the blog but they sure were enjoying Cooper, a.k.a. Coopy.  I don't know how she does it but Miss CutiePie is the most relaxed new mama and it shows.  He was happy the whole time we were eating lunch and all we had to do was occasionally pick up a launched toy.  And I love his stylin' hair and big blue eyes.

Anyway, Miss MaggieMae and I went down to Costco yesterday so I could get my tires rotated.  You do know that when you buy your tires from Costco you get them rotated for free??  They also check the pressure and balance and let you know how your tires are doing.  Tires are an expensive investment plus very important for safety so it is important to take good care of them.  Remember we are all about maintenance not repair.


Also I found the above salad mix while I was at Costco.  I've gotten tired of lettuce and have been eating a lot of cole slaw lately, so I was excited about this mix.  It contains kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and I don't know what all.  It also comes with a pack of dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds, plus a couple packs of poppy seed dressing.  I haven't tried the dressing yet because I make my own but I will give it a go next time I have this but I do use the cranberries and seeds.

This is a good salad and very filling.  I've also added chicken and blue cheese crumbles to make it a main meal.  Miss MaggieMae suggested throwing a handful into the old Vitamix next time I fire it up to make a smoothie.  Good idea!!  And it only costs $4.79 for this big bag.  I know that my sister is gonna love this.  She has salad for breakfast with a couple poached eggs on top.  I may give that a try.

Okay - let's look at the ad for this week.  This is a boring ad, no doubt about it, but there are primroses and they are going for a dollar each.  I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't eat primroses but they sure can cheer up a dreary winter day and they are a harbinger of spring.  Remember the Sluggo because the slugs love 'em.  Also daffodils are $2.50 for a five stem bunch, so for $5 you could have a lovely bouquet of springness.

Here are the highlights:

Special K Cereal - $1.99/11-13oz
Fage Greek Yogurt - $1/7oz
Kroger Sour Cream - $1.50/16oz
Nancy' Yogurt - $2.50/qt
Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast - $3.99/lb
Pork Loin Rib or Loin Chops - BOGO
Broccoli Crowns - $ .99/lb
Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Green Beans - $1.99/lb
Brussels Sprouts - $1.99/lb
Large Navel Oranges - $ .69/lb

Be sure and stock up on the oranges.  This is their peak season and they are usually at their best.  Also, the vitamin C can't hurt either during this cold and flu season.



No comments:

Post a Comment