Wednesday, October 1, 2014

QFC Grocery Basket 10/1



My sister sent this to me and it sure is true around the MoneyPenny House.  Miss MoneyPenny wears shorts and capris all summer long and leg shaving gets to be a real drag but getting dressed is sure easy...just a clean pair of shorts and t-shirt and I'm good to go.  Now we are all about socks and hoodies and keeping warm.

And cooking soups and stews.  Isn't it funny how good a hot bowl of soup sounds now??  Just a couple of weeks ago I was still into salads and lots of fresh fruit but with the change in weather I'm planning a big pot of beef stew.

I make a fairly normal pot of stew except with the addition of turnips and mushrooms.  I also add a can of beef broth to the water for added flavor.  My favorite mother-in-law taught me how to make stew and she knew what she was talking about.  Oh, and by the way, she was not the mom to my favorite ex-husband.  I like to pick and choose my favorites.

Okay - let's look at the ad.  Again QFC is running their ad for two weeks.  Didn't they just do that a little while ago??  I don't think that it is such a wonderful ad that it needs two weeks but that is just my opinion.  Groceries have gotten so darn expensive.  I really got spoiled eating out of the garden but that is coming to the end because I don't grow a winter garden.

A couple of things to mention about the ad - Kroger Cheese is going for $5.99 for a two pound brick so if your family eats a lot of cheese stock up.  It will keep well unopened.  Also the cod is on sale again this week for $7.99 a pound.  I bought it last week and it was delicious!!

Here are my suggestions for this week:

Simple Truth Cage Free Eggs - $2.50/doz
Bush's Variety Beans - $1/can
Hunt's Tomatoes - $1/can
Kroger Cheese - $5.99/2lb
Tillamook or Chobani Greek Yogurt - $1/5.3oz
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - BOGO
Fresh NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $5.99/lb
Fresh Wild Cod Fillets - $7.99/lb
Fresh Wild Dover Sole Fillets - $6.99/lb
Barilla Pasta - $1/box
Asparagus - $2.99/lb
Bartlett, Bosc or Red Pears - $1.49/lb
Broccoli Crowns - $1.49/lb
Honeycrisp Apples - $2.49/lb
Medium Hass Avocados - $ .99/ea
Organic Hard Squash - $ .99/lb
Organic Kale - $2/bunch
Tomatoes on the Vine - $1.28/lb

Reminder:

Get your flu shot!!  I was at the beauty shop this morning and one of the ladies was out with the flu and her whole family had it, so it is going around already.  Flu shots are easy to come by.  Most pharmacies have someone who can shoot you up if you aren't going in to see the doctor.  I had mine last week and it didn't hurt at all and I'm a big baby when it comes to needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment