Sunday, January 5, 2014

Costco Coupons 1/2/14 - 1/26/14



I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely ready for some good old Northwest rain.  According to the weatherman December was the fifth driest on record and the snow pack is dismal.  The only good thing that can come out of all this cold is maybe the fleas will freeze to death.

Just like last fall, I had an infestation again this year.  I was battling the little boogers before I had surgery and thought that I had them beat.  But nooooo.  When I got home from the hospital they were waiting for me.  They don't bite me but I go crazy when I see one jump on me.

My sister, Miss SmartyPants, was here to help me recover and she had brought her little King Charles Spaniel, Rosie, aka Rosewood, with her (she and Poppy are best friends) and she is allergic to fleas.  I'm pretty sure that Rosie and I were a sight with our crazy itching and scratching and cussing.

What I did to get on top of the fleas was change out Frontline for Advantix.  I hate to say it but the Kirkland flea medicine was worse than worthless, which is the first Costco product that hasn't lived up to my expectations.

Speaking of Costco - the Bradster and I are headed that way tomorrow after my last doctor appointment having to do with my new hip.  Since I haven't been able to get down there for two months I've seen my grocery bill skyrocket.  It just kills me to pay grocery store prices.  And lately the sales have been just lame.

Here are the highlights:

Nicoderm - $15 (for New Year's resolution)
Weight Watchers Digital Glass Scales - $5 (again with the resolution)
Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner - $2
Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste - $4
Huggies Diapers - $6
Dawn Advanced Power - $2
Cascade Complete Action Pacs - $3
Pine Sol - $2.50
Kleenex - $3.50
Shout Stain Remover - $2.50
Gain Powder - $4.50
Bounce & Tide Powder - $8
Ziploc Bags - $2
Royal 12-sheet Shredder - $10

During these cold snaps I keep two hummingbird feeders going - one for the hummers and one to thaw out.  This winter I've had more hummers than I usually do in the summer.  It pained me to see one with his beak stuck in the frozen feeder.  This actually happened and he was just able to get away right before I touched him so I could help him out.

Be sure to keep the brew in the feeders changed out regularly.  I use one cup of sugar to four cups of water and they seem happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment