Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June - The Best Month to Buy....


It is a mystery to me that almost my whole family can't do dairy, considering that our grandparents had a dairy farm in McMinnville, Oregon.  And we love all things dairy including the beloved ice cream.  So far, as long as I don't make a habit of it, I can do the occasional Ben & Jerry's, but I'm starting to worry about cheese.  Life won't be worth living without cheese.

You probably guessed that June is National Dairy Month.  I wonder who thinks these things up.  Did Big Dairy have a hand in this??  I can't believe I'm saying Big Dairy.  Talk about your local conspiracy theorist!!

Also June is a big month for weddings and graduations so be on the lookout for sales on gift type stuff.  I prefer to give cold hard cash.  It is never the wrong thing, color or size.  And it never goes out of style.  They can use it however they want and think of me.  Who has never appreciated money??

Since June is Dairy Month you can expect to see sales on dairy, including eggs and butter.  Here is my list of what else you should expect to see on sale in June:

Popsicles
Sodas, etc
BBQ Condiments
Champagne (Weddings)

Seasonal:

Blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, asparagus, broccoli, beets, potatoes, radishes, salmon, halibut

Non-Food Items:

Dishes
Tools
Gym Memberships
Paint
Suits
Vacuum Cleaners
Electronics, Cell Phones, etc

I have been very busy in the garden and have almost all the veggies in.  I still have two tomatoes to get in and I'm waiting a little longer on the peppers.  They are still residing in the green house where they are quite happy.  Instead of planting basil starts I decided to try seeds this year.  My friend, Miss Claudia, a very knowledgeable gardener, says that she does much better with her basil this way.  I couldn't possibly do any worse than what usually passes for a basil harvest in my garden.

I will have pictures soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment