Wednesday, June 5, 2013

QFC Grocery Basket 6/5


I love fresh salmon.  My favorite ex-husband was a maniac when it came to salmon fishing.  And everything else now that I think about it.  Anyway we always had fresh salmon or winter steelhead, so I really got spoiled.

I cook my salmon simply just like the above picture because I want that fresh salmon goodness to be the star.  The trick is not to overcook it but not under cook it, either.  On the grill is the best way to cook it but the oven works well, too.  Depending on the size of the fillet, I start to check it after 19 or 20 minutes (400 oven).  I cut through the thickest part to see how it is doing because I want it perfect.  I would rather have it in pieces than over done.  Easy peasy.

Okay, the ad.  Since it is National Dairy Month there are a lot of those kind of things in the ad this week.  Also, Copper River salmon is down to $9.99 a pound and I'm gonna jump on it.

Here are my other suggestions for this week:

Private Selection Spices - $2.49/ea
Private Selection Maple Syrup - $7.99/12oz
Challenge Butter - $2/pound (stockup price, freezes well)
Chobani Greek Yogurt - $1/6oz
Nancy's Yogurt - $2.50/qt
QFC Cottage Cheese - $1.88/24oz
Simple Truth Cage Free Eggs - $2.50/doz
Tillamook Cheese - $4.99/2lb
Breyers Ice Cream - $2.99/48oz
Fresh NW Cooked Shrimp Meat - $4.99/lb
Fresh Dover Sole - $5.99/lb
Fresh Copper River Salmon - $9.99/lb
Broccoli/Cauliflower - $ .99/lb
Celery - $1/lb
Driscoll's Strawberries - $6.99/4lbs
Large Lemon/Limes - 3/$2
Crest Toothpaste - $14.6oz
Brinkmann Solar Path Lights - 2/$7

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Have you missed me? Been crazy busy and have forgot to check in on your blog! I'm catching up now!

    Not only was your favorite ex-husband a fanatic fishermen (we use to say that he could catch a steelhead out of a mud puddle in the road!), but we were spoiled as kids too. We grew up with all the salmon, crab, clams that a person could want to eat. Never occurred to me that I would now have to beg or buy it... sigh...

    That's a good deal on the Solar path lights. I have a tendency to never replace the ones that don't work anymore. They use to be more expensive, now you can afford to replace them. I picked up some Solar lights that were about the same price and they were hummingbirds, butterflies, snails, etc and they turn colors all night. I couldn't get a couple of them to work and my son came over and laughed and pulled out that little tag that says "pull out to make light work"!

    ReplyDelete