Wednesday, June 13, 2012

QFC Grocery Basket 6/13




Ever since the state stiffed me on my first retirement check things have been pretty tight around the MoneyPenny household.  It makes me just a little nervous when I realize that my pension and Social Security checks could just NOT come and there ain't nothing that I can do about it, but what is a person supposed to do?  Not retire?  Ridiculous!!

According to my budget planner, there is $50 a week for groceries.  Period.  So last Wednesday I spent almost $24 at QFC and $20 at Costco, leaving me $6.  On Monday I decided to head over to Chimacum Corners and pick up a cookie, a yam and a couple apples.  Sounds good, doesn't it?  Except when I got there they had just put out the most beautiful organic cherries I've ever seen.  My bill was $16 something, $10 over my budget, leaving me $40 for this week.

In my defense I will say that cherries are the world's most perfect food and the season is short.

QFC has been sending me lots of coupons and they are pretty good ones.  Of course, my QFC card tells them what I buy, which is fine with me.  I don't buy my Ben & Jerry's there, so when I have the big one, my insurance company will have to pay up, since it looks like I don't buy any junk food.  Good thinking, there.

Here are the deals for the week keeping in mind Father's Day and barbecues:

Tide - $5.99/50oz powder
QFC Cottage Cheese or Sour Cream - $1.99/24oz
Roasted Chicken - $4.99/ea
Kroger Chicken or Italian Sausage - $2.99/18oz
USDA Choice Boneless Ribeye - $6.99/lb
Fresh Wild Halibut Fillets - $16.99/lb
Fresh Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets - $8.99/lb
Blueberries - $4.99/18oz
Organic Strawberries - $3.50/lb
Red or Green Grapes - $1.28/lb
Broccoli/Cauliflower - .99/lb
Sweet Onions - $1/lb
Carpinito Bark or Soil - 4/$10

No comments:

Post a Comment